Skip to main content

Handmade Christmas #1

Ok, the first of the Christmas gifts have been given and opened. Before I show them to you, I want all you friends and relatives to pay attention for a minute. Consider these and all the other gifts I will post the next few days as a catalog. Let me know what you like! I need ideas for birthdays and next Christmas. Don't be afraid to say you hate it either. If you don't speak up, you might get something just like it. Don't be afraid to say you'd like in a different color. Let me know what you think!

Now, on to the gifts! Tonight we exchanged gifts with two different families who live in our little apartment complex. The adults got treats- Chex Mix, Carmel Popcorn and some yummy chocolate caramel pretzels. I wanted to do something special for the kids, though because these are the two families who babysit Anna a lot for us. First, for the girl only four months older than Anna-
Simple Tote A simple tote bag with a pad of paper and some markers tucked inside. It's lined with the same green fabric I used for the pocket.
Simple Tote Close-up
I love the black fabric covered with kid drawings. Unfortunately, the store only had enough left to make this one little tote bag.
Girl meets tote bag

Next, for her little brother-
Owl Blanket
He was born during the peak of a lunar eclipse (which I think is the coolest thing ever!) and his parents wanted to start collecting owl stuff for him based on that. I found this great fleece in the remnant bin, only an inch short of a yard.
Baby meets Blanket
He promptly drooled all over it.

Last was for an almost eighteen month old boy-
Button Eyed Croc
A crocodile made at the same time and from the same book as Maude. He seemed to like it.
Boy Meets Crocodile

So that's it. What do you all think?

Comments

Gwendolyn said…
You are so freaking talented! By the way my friends LOVED the bracelets. So thank you so much for all your hardwork to help me give a Christmas.

Popular posts from this blog

Momma's Got a (kind-of, sorta) Brand New Bag

I must be some sort of sadist. It seems the work and stress of getting a family of five all packed and ready for a big trip isn't enough for me. It's becoming tradition to also try and make myself a new complicated bag right before we leave. There was the Supertote before Disneyland. This time around it was the a messenger bag right before a 4,000 mile road trip.



(Photography and photo styling by my 10 year old, Anna.)

 There was really no choice, though. My everyday Supertote is a year and a half old. It was definitely looking it. The handles were all frayed. One of the magnetic snaps had ripped out. It was dirty. It just would not do. I tried stores. Everything was too big, too small, too strappy, not strappy enough, too ugly, or too expensive. I guess making my own bags has made me pretty dang picky when it comes to purses.

This one, though. This one is pretty much the prefect size, the perfect strap, the perfect fabric, and plenty of pockets.




Pattern- Campfire Messenger B…

Something A Little Different

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that for my birthday this week, I got a weaving loom of my very own. Specifically, a 15" Cricket Loom. There was some major happy dancing involved.


Feeling a little nervous. #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:06am PDT

Now what do I do with it? #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:41am PDT

WooHoo! Thank goodness for the many YouTube videos which got me here! A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39am PDT
I spent all morning on my birthday watching YouTube instructional videos, putting it together, getting it warped, and starting my very first handwoven scarf using bits and pieces of yarn leftover from other projects.

Today I finished it.






Sure, it's got some issues. The edges are a bit wonky. The fringe went all fuzzy when I washed it. But, I love it. I love how thin and drap…

Ellery's Baptism and the First Day of School

Exciting times around our household in the past week. This Saturday, Ellery was baptized.


Almost time to go! #baptismday #eightisgreat A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:10am PDT






And after. It took two tries-her toe popped up. #baptismday #eightisgreat #familiesareforever A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03pm PDT

She was so happy and excited. It was a great day.

And then, today, the kids finally started school! Hallelujah!


The local school district went back to school like two and a half weeks ago. We've all been anxiously waiting for their charter school to start.



First grade for this guy and an empty house for me. Every summer I let his hair grow wild so that I can enjoy his curls. I was all ready to give him his standard back to school haircut until we went to meet his teacher. She went into raptures over his curls. So, they stayed. We'll see how long they last now that he has to face a squirt bottle and a bru…