I thought I would start off with Anna cuteness.
So, first of all, Anna had declared that the lump is a girl and should be named Hoobie Doobie. I'm sensing strong influences from our Sesame Street Three Bears and a New Baby dvd (in which Baby Bear gets a new baby sister) and Edwina: The Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct by Mo Willems (in which the boy is named Reginald VonHoobieDoobie). It's way cute though to hear her say Hoobie Doobie.
And speaking of naming the lump, we have only had three people submit names for the Name the Lump Contest. (Sorry Alex and Madison you only count as one. Kind of like those celebrity couples. Which do you prefer, Alison or Madex?) Anyway, the ultrasound is on this coming Thursday the 17th. Cross your fingers that the lump is not shy because I really want to know gender. I am making that the official deadline to have all entries in. Thursday the 17th by 3:30 pm. After that, we'll probably choose some winners completely arbitrarily- maybe even by drawing names out of a hat. I'm not saying we'll name our baby any of your suggestions but we will choose someone to win. And there will probably be some sort of prize like Ice Cream included. So, get those suggested baby names in! Without your suggestions we may end up with little baby Hoobie Doobie. You can either leave them as a comment on the blog or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OK, the crafty marathon. Brendan is spending this weekend playing Dungeons and Dragons. Yeah, four hours tonight and eight hours Saturday. What's a girl left at home with a potty training toddler to do? Well, I figure, he's spending his weekend doing something he enjoys, so should I. So, I am making a quilt. Yeah, hopefully mostly start to finish. I'm cheating on the start part. I've been wanting to make a twin size quilt for Anna ever since I finished this one. I've been looking at patterns and collecting black and white prints between all my other crafties. Well, I'm stalled on the wedding quilt until I find enough open space to spread it out and pin all the layers together. So, I picked a pattern (Disappearing Nine Patch) and started cutting out five inch squares. Yesterday, I stayed home from work (please, go away nasty cough) and was bored. So I finished cutting out squares (well if I could count, I would have been finished) and started sewing a few together. Today I sewed some more together in between straightening up the house and taking Anna outside to play.
This is where I am at currently-
About a third of the nine patch blocks are finished. Eventually they will be cut in fourths and rearranged and sewn back together- the joy and wonder of a disappearing nine patch. I've got some other three patch strips. And some that need a third patch because I can not count and am somehow 37 squares short. 37! I've just gotten back from the store where I got more fabric for those 37 5" squares, the backing, the batting, the binding and some more thread. So, tonight and tomorrow, I've got to wash and iron some more fabric, sew all the three patch strips, connect those strips into nine patch blocks, cut all those blocks apart, mix them all up and sew them back together, sew everything all together, baste the entire thing, machine quilt and bind it. I'm actually giving myself until Sunday night to finish it all. Wish me luck. There will be periodic pictures and updates.