Skip to main content

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going

Busy. Busy. Busy around these parts. I've been trying to finish up some projects.

Clothes for Anna-
DSC_2304
I made her another shirt and a sundress as well. The camera battery is currently dead and I think they are in the dirty clothes basket so they may or may not be pictures of them eventually. The advantage of making clothes for Anna is that I can make them as long and narrow as she is. It's nice to have at least a few outfits that cover her belly even when she lifts up her arms.

A Balloon Apron for Michael-
DSC_2309
Brendan is training his brother in the way of the balloon twister. So, he need lots of pockets for holding balloons. I amazingly found the measurements for the apron I made Brendan several years ago and made Michael one almost just like it. Twelve pockets on front for balloons. To large pockets on back for balloon scraps and tips. A holster for a balloon pump. Lots of interfacing and reinforced seams so it can handle lots of wear and tear. Hard to see any detail on the black fabric- I'll try and get a picture of it stuffed with balloons.

Another House Block-
Castle Block
This time a castle. Complete with a princess and a frog, lots of pet birds and the princess' favorite toy- a dollhouse.
Castle Block Close-up
Castle Block Close-up
I'm planning something like this for the quilt. The houses in a square around a blue patched center with a green border around the edge.
House Blocks So Far

And Some Decisions-
Due Brendan teaching an extra term and some other variables- we have to be out of our apartment on July 11th. Brendan doesn't finish teaching until mid-August. We went back and forth debating what to do. We found an apartment that would let us do a month-to-month lease. I picked up lots of shifts at work. We made an appointment to sign the lease. And then we changed our minds. Mostly, I was not looking forward to packing up everything, then unpacking some things, then repacking everything and moving again a month later. So, we're packing up everything- putting it in a storage unit. The girls and I are going to visit my family for a month and Brendan is going to stay here and crash at his brother's apartment. I am going to miss him so very much. But, I am excited for the extended visit to Arkansas. So is Anna- she has been packing and repacking her backpack and ordering me to get ready ever since we bought the plane tickets yesterday.
If everything goes perfectly, Brendan will have a job offer by the end of the summer. He'll throw everything in a moving van and we will meet him where ever our new home will be. And if everything doesn't go so perfectly, there is no big loss. We will have had a great visit with family. The girls and I will head back here. We'll find another apartment. I'll still have my job and Brendan has some options around here.
So that said, there may not be much blogging going on. I've got to spend the next two weeks packing up everything we own and deep cleaning. After that, well- I plan on spending a lot of my vacation quilting but my mom has just about the slowest Internet connection on the planet. I'll try and update every once in a while anyway.

Comments

Where abouts in Arkansas will you be staying? Perhaps its close enough to make a day trip and go fabric shopping, either here in Oklahoma or there in Arkansas?
Fer said…
Hey, it would be awesome to try to meet up while you are in AR! Maybe Amanda could get up here for a visit from Louisiana, too. Our girls would have a ball together. =)
Meg said…
Good luck on your trip! Hope all goes well for B too!
Jenny said…
I'll miss you, but I'me excited for your new adventure!! Love you and miss you tons!!!!
Gwendolyn said…
Will you and the girls be able to make the drive up to IL for the reunion?
Doris said…
Oh dear, a life in transistion and with an unknown ending can be stressful. What a great way to be looking at it, though! Blessings on your travels and I'll be praying for Brendan's job offer to come through.

Popular posts from this blog

Momma's Got a (kind-of, sorta) Brand New Bag

I must be some sort of sadist. It seems the work and stress of getting a family of five all packed and ready for a big trip isn't enough for me. It's becoming tradition to also try and make myself a new complicated bag right before we leave. There was the Supertote before Disneyland. This time around it was the a messenger bag right before a 4,000 mile road trip.



(Photography and photo styling by my 10 year old, Anna.)

 There was really no choice, though. My everyday Supertote is a year and a half old. It was definitely looking it. The handles were all frayed. One of the magnetic snaps had ripped out. It was dirty. It just would not do. I tried stores. Everything was too big, too small, too strappy, not strappy enough, too ugly, or too expensive. I guess making my own bags has made me pretty dang picky when it comes to purses.

This one, though. This one is pretty much the prefect size, the perfect strap, the perfect fabric, and plenty of pockets.




Pattern- Campfire Messenger B…

Something A Little Different

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that for my birthday this week, I got a weaving loom of my very own. Specifically, a 15" Cricket Loom. There was some major happy dancing involved.


Feeling a little nervous. #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:06am PDT

Now what do I do with it? #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:41am PDT

WooHoo! Thank goodness for the many YouTube videos which got me here! A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39am PDT
I spent all morning on my birthday watching YouTube instructional videos, putting it together, getting it warped, and starting my very first handwoven scarf using bits and pieces of yarn leftover from other projects.

Today I finished it.






Sure, it's got some issues. The edges are a bit wonky. The fringe went all fuzzy when I washed it. But, I love it. I love how thin and drap…

Ellery's Baptism and the First Day of School

Exciting times around our household in the past week. This Saturday, Ellery was baptized.


Almost time to go! #baptismday #eightisgreat A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:10am PDT






And after. It took two tries-her toe popped up. #baptismday #eightisgreat #familiesareforever A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03pm PDT

She was so happy and excited. It was a great day.

And then, today, the kids finally started school! Hallelujah!


The local school district went back to school like two and a half weeks ago. We've all been anxiously waiting for their charter school to start.



First grade for this guy and an empty house for me. Every summer I let his hair grow wild so that I can enjoy his curls. I was all ready to give him his standard back to school haircut until we went to meet his teacher. She went into raptures over his curls. So, they stayed. We'll see how long they last now that he has to face a squirt bottle and a bru…