Skip to main content

Feeling Inspired

I seem to have an overabundance of enthusiasm lately. Unfortunately, there is no corresponding abundance of energy. So, I've got projects and potential projects piling up all over the place. And I keep finding inspiration all over the place. I bought two new books which could keep me busy for months.
DSC_0121
I bought Itty-Bitty Toys on Thursday night. Anna has made me sit down and look through it with her at least five times since. She has a very definite list of the toys she wants me to make for her. First on the list-
DSC_0120
Two sleepy puppies. One will not do. There are two puppies in the picture, so she must have two puppies- as soon as possible. I've finished and stuffed the body of one but a trip to the craft store is required before I can go any farther.
There are so many adorable patterns in this book. Pretty much every single toy in the book is something I'd like to make sooner or later. There may have to be a bunny and a lamb made for Easter baskets- once again, there's my enthusiasm talking without taking into account energy level.

The second new purchase- Liberated Quiltmaking II by Gwen Marston is my new contender for Best Quilting Book of all time. Love it. Love it. Love it. Have already read it and reread portions of it. Have given in and ordered another of her books and put in an interlibrary loan request for the original Liberated Quiltmaking. It's taking all my restraint not to dive right into a new project or three. I mean look at this-
DSC_0122
Yeah, I need to make a quilt along these lines. I think every quilt I make from now on is going to be directly inspired in some measure by this book. But, I have to clear out some current projects before I start anything new. I've got three half-finished quilts planned for my currently empty Etsy shop. Must get to work! Now, where to find the time and energy?

Comments

balloongal said…
I think it's funny that Anna insists on two puppies since there are two in the picture. Do you have to do the same colors, too?
Katie B. said…
I love Itty Bitty Toys! I made the lamb (so cute) and I'm working on the koalas now. Up next: Giraffe. Love those puppies too.

That quilting book looks great. I'll have to check that out.
ezeldabeth said…
wouldnt it be wonderful to have energy, time and money enough to do everything on our 'want to make' lists (not to mention those of our children) ... those books look great, i think i will have to check our library...
Leserlee said…
Do you do the quilting on your quilts, or do you take it somewhere to get it done? I'm currently piecing together a king-size (96x96) top for Carl and I, but I know my little sewing machine will not be able to quilt it for me. So I'm pretty sure I'll have to take it somewhere. I am willing to drive down to Utah if need be. Any recommendations would be great!

Popular posts from this blog

Something A Little Different

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that for my birthday this week, I got a weaving loom of my very own. Specifically, a 15" Cricket Loom. There was some major happy dancing involved.


Feeling a little nervous. #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:06am PDT

Now what do I do with it? #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:41am PDT

WooHoo! Thank goodness for the many YouTube videos which got me here! A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39am PDT
I spent all morning on my birthday watching YouTube instructional videos, putting it together, getting it warped, and starting my very first handwoven scarf using bits and pieces of yarn leftover from other projects.

Today I finished it.






Sure, it's got some issues. The edges are a bit wonky. The fringe went all fuzzy when I washed it. But, I love it. I love how thin and drap…

Ellery's Baptism and the First Day of School

Exciting times around our household in the past week. This Saturday, Ellery was baptized.


Almost time to go! #baptismday #eightisgreat A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:10am PDT






And after. It took two tries-her toe popped up. #baptismday #eightisgreat #familiesareforever A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03pm PDT

She was so happy and excited. It was a great day.

And then, today, the kids finally started school! Hallelujah!


The local school district went back to school like two and a half weeks ago. We've all been anxiously waiting for their charter school to start.



First grade for this guy and an empty house for me. Every summer I let his hair grow wild so that I can enjoy his curls. I was all ready to give him his standard back to school haircut until we went to meet his teacher. She went into raptures over his curls. So, they stayed. We'll see how long they last now that he has to face a squirt bottle and a bru…

Christmas Gifts #1

Most of October, November and December were consumed by secret Christmas craft projects. It's such a relief to finally be able to blog and Instagram about them without worry. It's going to take a couple of blog posts to get through them all.

 First up, my woven projects. I made two scarves- one for my father-in-law's Christmas Eve birthday. Since he bought me my Cricket Loom for my birthday, it was only fitting I weave him something for his birthday.







The second was a super soft and hopefully super classy plaid scarf for my sister-in-law. It was really difficult to pry this one away from Ellery after our little photo shoot. The girl definitely has an appreciation for my handcrafts- especially the soft and cozy ones.