Skip to main content

Baby Watch 2010

So, here's the update. I finished the baby hat and no baby yet. I'm doing better. It seems making me lie in a hospital bed for something like 40 hours made my blood pressure go down and my test results improve. Enough so that I'm no longer in that scary danger zone. So, the doctor sent me home yesterday morning with orders to be a slug. I'm not on strict bed rest but he does want me lying or sitting as much as possible. No doing dishes, no trips to the store, no working. Nothing much besides sitting on the couch and watching TV or lying in bed reading. Well, and crafting, of course. I'm a doctor sanctioned couch potato. All in an effort to give this little baby boy as much time as possible to mature and grow before he's born. I'm past 36 weeks, so its not too terrifying if he were born now but 37 or 38 weeks would be even better.

It's only been two days, so I'm still in the "Yeah! Time to relax and watch TV and craft!" stage. I expect the stir-crazy phase to set in sometime tomorrow. Brendan (the relaxation Nazi) even OKed some time at the sewing desk today. As long as I took frequent breaks to go lie down for awhile.

Do they still count as Easter dresses if I had every intention of finishing them before Easter?
Easter Dresses

Blue dress pattern. Green dress pattern (with a straight hem instead of the bubble skirt). I love these patterns- no zippers, no buttons. Old-fashioned. Girly. Modest. This is the fourth time I've made the Miss Lilly pattern. I see much the same in store for the Miss Mary.

Miss Mary Fabric Closeup
Miss Lilly Fabric Closeup
This year I choose very simple fabrics in colors to match their eyes. They so would have been done by Easter, except I'm stupid. I thought for some reason I could just guess at Anna's size rather than taking the five minutes to actually measure her. Yeah, bodice #1 was way too small. Then I tried to cut out bodice #2 while I was still all flustered. Yeah, not a good idea. Finally, bodice #3 was cut out correctly and in the right size.

The pictures of the girls actually wearing the dresses are not the best. I should know better than to try and take pictures at the end of a long day, after its already dark and after a dinner involving ketchup.
DSC_0272
DSC_0276
I'm going to try and take some better pictures tomorrow when the sun is actually shining and there is no ketchup in evidence.

Comments

kristib said…
Those dresses are adorable! I'll have to look into those patterns.
Jennifer said…
I made the Miss Lilly dress for my girls' Easter dresses too. I'm glad you're doing better =)
Meg said…
The dresses are adorable! Hope you're enjoying getting rest. Glad to hear everything is okay!
balloongal said…
They definitely count as Easter dresses. They're very Easter-y.
I'm glad Brendan is making sure you're resting, but I'm also glad you got some time at the sewing machine.
I'm sorry you're bored now, though.
Lillabilly said…
Those dresses are all the more sweeter with the grubby faces and messy hair. Adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Something A Little Different

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that for my birthday this week, I got a weaving loom of my very own. Specifically, a 15" Cricket Loom. There was some major happy dancing involved.


Feeling a little nervous. #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:06am PDT

Now what do I do with it? #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:41am PDT

WooHoo! Thank goodness for the many YouTube videos which got me here! A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39am PDT
I spent all morning on my birthday watching YouTube instructional videos, putting it together, getting it warped, and starting my very first handwoven scarf using bits and pieces of yarn leftover from other projects.

Today I finished it.






Sure, it's got some issues. The edges are a bit wonky. The fringe went all fuzzy when I washed it. But, I love it. I love how thin and drap…

Ellery's Baptism and the First Day of School

Exciting times around our household in the past week. This Saturday, Ellery was baptized.


Almost time to go! #baptismday #eightisgreat A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:10am PDT






And after. It took two tries-her toe popped up. #baptismday #eightisgreat #familiesareforever A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03pm PDT

She was so happy and excited. It was a great day.

And then, today, the kids finally started school! Hallelujah!


The local school district went back to school like two and a half weeks ago. We've all been anxiously waiting for their charter school to start.



First grade for this guy and an empty house for me. Every summer I let his hair grow wild so that I can enjoy his curls. I was all ready to give him his standard back to school haircut until we went to meet his teacher. She went into raptures over his curls. So, they stayed. We'll see how long they last now that he has to face a squirt bottle and a bru…

Christmas Gifts #1

Most of October, November and December were consumed by secret Christmas craft projects. It's such a relief to finally be able to blog and Instagram about them without worry. It's going to take a couple of blog posts to get through them all.

 First up, my woven projects. I made two scarves- one for my father-in-law's Christmas Eve birthday. Since he bought me my Cricket Loom for my birthday, it was only fitting I weave him something for his birthday.







The second was a super soft and hopefully super classy plaid scarf for my sister-in-law. It was really difficult to pry this one away from Ellery after our little photo shoot. The girl definitely has an appreciation for my handcrafts- especially the soft and cozy ones.