Skip to main content

A Whole Lot of Photos of the New House

DSC_0824
You have to understand something. Brendan and I have been married six years. In that time, we have lived in student housing, a basement, student housing again and an apartment. All have been two bedrooms, about 500-700 square feet. We have never had a washer/dryer or dishwasher. The only time we had a yard was in the basement apartment- and Anna was just a baby there so the yard really didn't matter. The last apartment was about a block away from the railroad tracks in a bad neighborhood. Our front door had obviously been kicked in at some point. The police patrolled regularly.

This house is like heaven. It is wonderful. Packing everything we own and moving to an unfamiliar place- totally worth it just for the chance to live in this house.

DSC_0821
It's a corner lot in a quiet neighborhood. Only about half a mile from Brendan's job. We have a garage! No more scraping icy windows. Anna is in charge of the garage door opener and thinks it is a magic button.
DSC_0822
The front yard has three shady trees.
DSC_0805
DSC_0806
Spacious living room.
DSC_0803
A dining room which actually fits our entire table without it needing to be pushed against a wall or squeezed in between the fridge and the couch. And a sliding glass door out into the back yard.
DSC_0800
A kitchen that both Brendan and I can be in at the same time. With plenty of counter space, a microwave, a dishwasher and a little something I like to call "The Fridge of the Gods". It makes me want to head to the nearest Farmer's Market (half a mile away on Saturdays) and cook something fantastic.
DSC_0818
Laundry room. Not much exciting, other than the fact that there is one. I did a little happy dance the first time I started the washer.
DSC_0796
Kids sleeping room with brand new twin bunk-beds.
DSC_0797
You know what that means- new twin size quilts! I knew this was coming, so I've already collected the fabric and even started cutting before the move. Samuel's crib is also in this room now- kind of behind where I stood to take the picture. We're going to have to see how that works. Last night was no problem at all.
DSC_0792
DSC_0793
Playroom, complete with closet full of toys, easel and dollhouses.
DSC_0794
My favorite part is the playhouse corner- play kitchen, new table and chairs, and dolls.
DSC_0809
DSC_0813
Bathrooms- only exciting because there are two.
DSC_0817
Master bedroom- with pictures still to hang and a quilt which does not match the walls. In this case, that doesn't call for a new quilt. I just have to dig out the quilt I made for our wedding and we'll look all snazzy and color-coordinated.
DSC_0815
It also has a door out into the backyard.
DSC_0810
Office with a fold-out table temporarily borrowed from the kitchen for the sewing machine.
DSC_0811
Yes, I do already have a project going. Did you expect anything else, really?
DSC_0812
It also has a closet for the crafty supplies to call home. We'd like to put a futon or sofa-bed in this room so it could function as a guest room as well. Probably where the sewing machine is set up now and then it could go by the wall that's behind where I stood to take the first picture.
DSC_0825
There's a deck pretty much along the full length of the house in the back. On the left side of the picture you can kind of see our apricot tree and our apple tree.
DSC_0827
It's a great place to just sit and relax.
DSC_0829
In the back corner are some rose bushes I am going to have to learn how to take care of. There are two in the front of the house as well.

We love it. We love it. We love it. I'm really not sure what more there is to say. Now I'm off to finish unpacking the last few boxes.
DSC_0791

Comments

Gwendolyn said…
ummm...so were you shipping Sam somewhere? ;)
theballoonguy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
theballoonguy said…
Feel the jealousy eminating from Pleasant Grove. Feel and enjoy it.
Madison said…
I love the new house, it looks like you guys will have lots of fun there! Congrats and I hope enjoy it!
balloongal said…
Feel the congratulations emanating from Pleasant Grove.
Feel and enjoy it.

P.S. So glad you have your own washer and dryer and dishwasher and yard and space and...
Breeana said…
Congratulations! I love the backyard---the perfect spot for lemonade. :)
Ravyn said…
Makes me excited just to come home.
bob said…
Grandma & Grandpa Ringer are so proud of you and Brendon and your new home. Beautiful people and a wonderful home.
Jenny said…
It looks like a great place! Congrats, Bean!!!
debbie said…
Trina, thanks for sharing so many pictures of your house! I love it! It's perfect - the backyard/deck is gorgeous, and you have a room to craft! Hello! So what job did Brendan get? I'm so glad things are working out after being in limbo for so long. We are totally in limbo now, so I am looking forward to the time we get our own place. It will come!
debbie said…
I forgot to ask where you got the bunkbed. They are great.
Lillabilly said…
That is the nicest house ever. Lucky you!

Popular posts from this blog

Something A Little Different

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that for my birthday this week, I got a weaving loom of my very own. Specifically, a 15" Cricket Loom. There was some major happy dancing involved.


Feeling a little nervous. #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:06am PDT

Now what do I do with it? #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:41am PDT

WooHoo! Thank goodness for the many YouTube videos which got me here! A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39am PDT
I spent all morning on my birthday watching YouTube instructional videos, putting it together, getting it warped, and starting my very first handwoven scarf using bits and pieces of yarn leftover from other projects.

Today I finished it.






Sure, it's got some issues. The edges are a bit wonky. The fringe went all fuzzy when I washed it. But, I love it. I love how thin and drap…

Ellery's Baptism and the First Day of School

Exciting times around our household in the past week. This Saturday, Ellery was baptized.


Almost time to go! #baptismday #eightisgreat A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:10am PDT






And after. It took two tries-her toe popped up. #baptismday #eightisgreat #familiesareforever A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03pm PDT

She was so happy and excited. It was a great day.

And then, today, the kids finally started school! Hallelujah!


The local school district went back to school like two and a half weeks ago. We've all been anxiously waiting for their charter school to start.



First grade for this guy and an empty house for me. Every summer I let his hair grow wild so that I can enjoy his curls. I was all ready to give him his standard back to school haircut until we went to meet his teacher. She went into raptures over his curls. So, they stayed. We'll see how long they last now that he has to face a squirt bottle and a bru…

Christmas Gifts #1

Most of October, November and December were consumed by secret Christmas craft projects. It's such a relief to finally be able to blog and Instagram about them without worry. It's going to take a couple of blog posts to get through them all.

 First up, my woven projects. I made two scarves- one for my father-in-law's Christmas Eve birthday. Since he bought me my Cricket Loom for my birthday, it was only fitting I weave him something for his birthday.







The second was a super soft and hopefully super classy plaid scarf for my sister-in-law. It was really difficult to pry this one away from Ellery after our little photo shoot. The girl definitely has an appreciation for my handcrafts- especially the soft and cozy ones.