Skip to main content

First Day of Preschool

After a whole lot of anticipation, the day finally arrived. Anna woke up at about 7:45 and immediately started asking "Is it time to go to school yet?" I should have kept count, but I think I heard the same question about a bazillion times before the school bus came at 10:50. She ate breakfast, took a bath, put on her new clothes, and started waiting.
DSC_0015
Yeah, Ellery had to get in on the action, too. Anna wore a dress- she wanted a dress. Anna put on shoes- she put on shoes. Anna had a backpack- Ellery had to have a backpack.
DSC_0017
I think she's going to be a little lost and lonely without Anna this afternoon. Maybe we'll have to do something special together.
DSC_0016
The only thing in the gigantic backpack is a sweater. But, she insisted you need a backpack for school, so she took an almost empty backpack to school.
DSC_0019
Make that an absolutely empty backpack.

Yes, I cried. Of course I cried. But, not much. She's only going for a half day two days a week. I can handle eight hours a week. I had all these grandiose plans for how much I could get done with one less kid around the house. Today, I'm realizing that was pretty much crazy talk. I'm losing the kid who helps a lot, who keeps the other two kids amused much of the time. She's going to have a wonderful time, though. She's so bright and so bored at home. She's going to have at least fifteen new best friends by the end of the week, I'm sure.

Comments

balloongal said…
That sounds very much like our experience with Nichole's first day of school. We are within walking distance- so no bus however. Jr. did have to wear a backpack just like his sister, though (no dress, thank goodness). I think he did miss his sister and wanted to go in with her to her class, but was sad he didn't get to.
And Nichole was excited enough to get ready really early as well.

I have no doubt Anna will make lots of friends. She's awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Something A Little Different

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that for my birthday this week, I got a weaving loom of my very own. Specifically, a 15" Cricket Loom. There was some major happy dancing involved.


Feeling a little nervous. #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:06am PDT

Now what do I do with it? #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:41am PDT

WooHoo! Thank goodness for the many YouTube videos which got me here! A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39am PDT
I spent all morning on my birthday watching YouTube instructional videos, putting it together, getting it warped, and starting my very first handwoven scarf using bits and pieces of yarn leftover from other projects.

Today I finished it.






Sure, it's got some issues. The edges are a bit wonky. The fringe went all fuzzy when I washed it. But, I love it. I love how thin and drap…

Ellery's Baptism and the First Day of School

Exciting times around our household in the past week. This Saturday, Ellery was baptized.


Almost time to go! #baptismday #eightisgreat A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:10am PDT






And after. It took two tries-her toe popped up. #baptismday #eightisgreat #familiesareforever A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03pm PDT

She was so happy and excited. It was a great day.

And then, today, the kids finally started school! Hallelujah!


The local school district went back to school like two and a half weeks ago. We've all been anxiously waiting for their charter school to start.



First grade for this guy and an empty house for me. Every summer I let his hair grow wild so that I can enjoy his curls. I was all ready to give him his standard back to school haircut until we went to meet his teacher. She went into raptures over his curls. So, they stayed. We'll see how long they last now that he has to face a squirt bottle and a bru…

Christmas Gifts #1

Most of October, November and December were consumed by secret Christmas craft projects. It's such a relief to finally be able to blog and Instagram about them without worry. It's going to take a couple of blog posts to get through them all.

 First up, my woven projects. I made two scarves- one for my father-in-law's Christmas Eve birthday. Since he bought me my Cricket Loom for my birthday, it was only fitting I weave him something for his birthday.







The second was a super soft and hopefully super classy plaid scarf for my sister-in-law. It was really difficult to pry this one away from Ellery after our little photo shoot. The girl definitely has an appreciation for my handcrafts- especially the soft and cozy ones.