Skip to main content

This Is Not A Quilt

For someone who claims quilting as her main hobby, there doesn't seem to be much quilting going on around here. Trust me there is. Some of it is secret. Some of it is in the early phases. Most of it is just in the planning stages. This is what has been going on in between.

Flower Girl Dresses
Two Flower Girl Dresses (McCalls M6020- I like how the lining makes for a very nice and neat inside- except for the sleeves. The sleeve seams bug the heck out of me. And that there are seams in the tulle. Almost invisible seams- but I know they are there and they bug me. It is nice to know that I can still put in a zipper.)
List Making Wallet
List Making Wallet Inside
A second list-making wallet- this one for my mother-in-law.
Simple Skirt
New Skirt Fabric
And a simple skirt for me to wear to the wedding. I am well pleased with this one. I love the fabrics. The leftovers may inspire a quilt all their own. It took maybe an hour and a half to make- including running to the store in the middle to buy elastic. I may have to make like fifteen more for myself. There are so many fun fabric possibilities.

I'll try to get pictures of everything in action and actually being worn this weekend. Plus, there should be some quilty goodness soon.

Comments

balloongal said…
You're just amazing.
cathy said…
I want the list making wallet! Everything turned out beautiful as usual :)
tara said…
Great finishes. You should wear the skirt to the next meeting.
Leserlee said…
Is there a pattern for that skirt? It looks like just the type of simple skirt I am looking for, to make for myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Something A Little Different

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that for my birthday this week, I got a weaving loom of my very own. Specifically, a 15" Cricket Loom. There was some major happy dancing involved.


Feeling a little nervous. #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:06am PDT

Now what do I do with it? #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:41am PDT

WooHoo! Thank goodness for the many YouTube videos which got me here! A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39am PDT
I spent all morning on my birthday watching YouTube instructional videos, putting it together, getting it warped, and starting my very first handwoven scarf using bits and pieces of yarn leftover from other projects.

Today I finished it.






Sure, it's got some issues. The edges are a bit wonky. The fringe went all fuzzy when I washed it. But, I love it. I love how thin and drap…

Ellery's Baptism and the First Day of School

Exciting times around our household in the past week. This Saturday, Ellery was baptized.


Almost time to go! #baptismday #eightisgreat A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:10am PDT






And after. It took two tries-her toe popped up. #baptismday #eightisgreat #familiesareforever A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03pm PDT

She was so happy and excited. It was a great day.

And then, today, the kids finally started school! Hallelujah!


The local school district went back to school like two and a half weeks ago. We've all been anxiously waiting for their charter school to start.



First grade for this guy and an empty house for me. Every summer I let his hair grow wild so that I can enjoy his curls. I was all ready to give him his standard back to school haircut until we went to meet his teacher. She went into raptures over his curls. So, they stayed. We'll see how long they last now that he has to face a squirt bottle and a bru…

Christmas Gifts #1

Most of October, November and December were consumed by secret Christmas craft projects. It's such a relief to finally be able to blog and Instagram about them without worry. It's going to take a couple of blog posts to get through them all.

 First up, my woven projects. I made two scarves- one for my father-in-law's Christmas Eve birthday. Since he bought me my Cricket Loom for my birthday, it was only fitting I weave him something for his birthday.







The second was a super soft and hopefully super classy plaid scarf for my sister-in-law. It was really difficult to pry this one away from Ellery after our little photo shoot. The girl definitely has an appreciation for my handcrafts- especially the soft and cozy ones.