Skip to main content

Accounting


Alright, it's time. All crazy all-encompassing Christamas crafting projects are done and gifted. We're back from the Christmas/New Years/longer trip and mostly recovered. The laundry is done. The freezer is no longer a frozen waterfall (that was fun to come home to). The new toys are put away. It's time for a fair and accurate accounting of all the projects I have going and maybe even make some goals for the year.

WIP #1 Cecil





Cecil is another store sample for my nearby fabric/yarn store. I took him along to Arkansas and worked on him for a grand total of about half and hour. I've been busting a move since we got back and all he's missing is legs. Goal- have him finished, photographed, blogged and delivered by Saturday.

WIP #2 High Five Quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts








204 scrappy blocks done. 76 more to go. Goal- Have it all done and ready to show at the local quilt show in March.

WIP #3 Paper-pieced Stars Quilt




Haven't dedicated much time to this one in a long while. I did do one little block on New Year's Day, just so I could write the date on it. So, so many more blocks to go. Goal- commit to doing at least one block a week.

WIP #4 Quaking Aspen Shawl





I packed this one when I realized that Cecil was too complicated to work on while on planes or in the car. I got a bigger chunk of it done while traveling than I expected. Goal- find the perfect blue, green or teal yarn for the contrasting edging and finish it while it's still cold enough to want to wear it.

WIP #5 Scrappy Nine Patch Quilt



67 blocks done. Only 3 more needed for a twin size. What, really? I need to decide if that's good enough or if I'd like to keep going and make a full or even queen size. Hmmm...for the kids? Or for me?

WIP #6 Scrapbuster Quilt


Thanks to the amazing ladies in my quilt guild, I have 8 blocks done (only one of which I sewed). I need 64 blocks for a queen sized. Before that, though, I need some more dark grey fabric and some sort of movie marathon while I cut out thousands of 1.5 inch squares. Goal- actually work on this one instead of it just sitting on the shelf. I think it would be awesome to actually have it finished in time to show it at the county fair this fall.

Wow, I really have four scrap quilts going right now? I guess that's my default state of quilting. When all else fails, start a scrap quilt.

So, that's about it. I've got a few other small things- a cross stitch that needs framed, jeans that need hemmed, a small stack of orphan blocks that is probably going to stay that way. And lots and lots of plans and ideas. No starting anything else until I'm through with at least half this list, though.

Crafty goals for the year-
1. Focus on using what I have rather than buying more.
2. Show a quilt either at the quilt show, the fair or both.
3. Make some new jewelry for myself especially to accesorize with my favorite clothes.
4. Make only one big (taking more than a week to finish) project for Christmas this year.
5. Make my home more homey. Actually hang the photos I haven't hung since we moved. Print and frame some more. Decorate. Make some decorative projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momma's Got a (kind-of, sorta) Brand New Bag

I must be some sort of sadist. It seems the work and stress of getting a family of five all packed and ready for a big trip isn't enough for me. It's becoming tradition to also try and make myself a new complicated bag right before we leave. There was the Supertote before Disneyland. This time around it was the a messenger bag right before a 4,000 mile road trip.



(Photography and photo styling by my 10 year old, Anna.)

 There was really no choice, though. My everyday Supertote is a year and a half old. It was definitely looking it. The handles were all frayed. One of the magnetic snaps had ripped out. It was dirty. It just would not do. I tried stores. Everything was too big, too small, too strappy, not strappy enough, too ugly, or too expensive. I guess making my own bags has made me pretty dang picky when it comes to purses.

This one, though. This one is pretty much the prefect size, the perfect strap, the perfect fabric, and plenty of pockets.




Pattern- Campfire Messenger B…

Something A Little Different

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that for my birthday this week, I got a weaving loom of my very own. Specifically, a 15" Cricket Loom. There was some major happy dancing involved.


Feeling a little nervous. #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:06am PDT

Now what do I do with it? #cricketloom #happybirthdaytome A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:41am PDT

WooHoo! Thank goodness for the many YouTube videos which got me here! A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39am PDT
I spent all morning on my birthday watching YouTube instructional videos, putting it together, getting it warped, and starting my very first handwoven scarf using bits and pieces of yarn leftover from other projects.

Today I finished it.






Sure, it's got some issues. The edges are a bit wonky. The fringe went all fuzzy when I washed it. But, I love it. I love how thin and drap…

Ellery's Baptism and the First Day of School

Exciting times around our household in the past week. This Saturday, Ellery was baptized.


Almost time to go! #baptismday #eightisgreat A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:10am PDT






And after. It took two tries-her toe popped up. #baptismday #eightisgreat #familiesareforever A photo posted by trinasdoings (@trinasdoings) on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03pm PDT

She was so happy and excited. It was a great day.

And then, today, the kids finally started school! Hallelujah!


The local school district went back to school like two and a half weeks ago. We've all been anxiously waiting for their charter school to start.



First grade for this guy and an empty house for me. Every summer I let his hair grow wild so that I can enjoy his curls. I was all ready to give him his standard back to school haircut until we went to meet his teacher. She went into raptures over his curls. So, they stayed. We'll see how long they last now that he has to face a squirt bottle and a bru…