Not Spamalot or Monty Python themed, unfortunately. Just what kept me busy for the three months that my husband auditioned, rehearsed and preformed in a local production of Spamalot.
First a minature version of this quilt made with the scraps I set aside after making it. Made simply to get rid of that pile of scraps and because I was desperate to try some big stitch handquilting. I get like that sometime- obsessed.
I think it turned out rather well. Don't you? I enjoyed the process so much that I've started hand quilting another quilt- this one.
I was inspired to start another quilt after hanging up my Valentine's Wallhanging. Pretty much the exact same thing, just with bigger squares.
I wish I had done even bigger squares and made it big enough for my girls. They absolutely adore it. But, I was limited by the size and amount of my scraps. Since this was a stray hair sort of quilt I was determined not to buy any new fabric for it. I'm sure a baby will come along (not mine- someone else's!) who this quilt is perfect for.
I was iffy until it was completely finished and washed but I really love the big, bold, bright floral print I went with for the backing.
So, there you go. Two quilts all finished up. I've also been knitting away on a cardigan for Ellery. More on that later.